The American Dental Association estimates that 10 – 15 percent of adults in the U.S. suffer from bruxism. This condition, which is defined by involuntary and habitual teeth grinding, can have serious oral health consequences if it does not receive a proper diagnosis and treatment. But how can you tell if you have bruxism? How can you stop the teeth grinding and save your smile from future problems? Dr. Paresh B. Patel is here to discuss these important issues.
March 18, 2019
February 19, 2019
Tooth enamel is not naturally white, and in many people, it is translucent enough that the yellow dentin beneath it is visible. On top of that, daily habits like wine and coffee consumption can discolor your smile. Fortunately, you are not doomed to live with a lackluster grin. Thanks to Zoom teeth whitening in Frisco, you could become the proud owner of brilliantly bright set of teeth after just one dental appointment!
January 15, 2019
The vast majority of people have had a cavity at some point or will develop one in the future. In most cases, cavities are nothing to be alarmed about. You simply visit your dentist, and they repair the hole in your tooth with a filling so you go back to enjoying a healthy smile. But when should you see your dentist for cavity treatment? Are there any obvious symptoms of tooth decay? Let’s talk about these important questions and discuss how you can prevent cavities from forming in the first place.
December 14, 2018
Did you know that 98% of the population gets their wisdom teeth? Put another way, only 2 lucky people out of every 100 don’t need wisdom teeth removal, but the odds are that you aren’t one of them! If you’ve been told that you need this oral surgery procedure, it’s not uncommon to have questions and wonder what you can expect afterward. Keep reading for more information and find out why having your wisdom teeth taken out is so important to your long-term oral health!
November 23, 2018
If the term “root canal” sends shivers of fear up and down your spine, you’re far from alone. Those two little words have become synonymous with dental agony. But don’t let your imagination run away with you. If you are experiencing root canal pain, the best thing you can do is visit your oral health doctor and trust them to provide comfortable, compassionate care. Let’s talk more about what a root canal is and how you can determine if you need to schedule an appointment with your dentist.
October 24, 2018
Sometimes, a traditional filling is not enough to repair a damaged or severely decayed tooth. In these instances, your dentist in Frisco may recommend a dental crown. This treatment brings back the form and function of the tooth, or the way it looks and works. Below, we dive deep into dental crowns, including how much they cost, what they’re used for, and more. Stick around to learn everything you need to know about this common dental treatment!
September 24, 2018
A sedation dentist may be the answer you’re looking for if you suffer from dental-related anxiety. Millions of Americans put off trips to the dentist because of unease about the experience. Modern sedation therapy allows these people to relax throughout the procedure so they can get the care they need worry-free.
August 21, 2018
Making regular trips to the dentist for a dental cleaning in Frisco is a key part of maintaining good oral health. However, once you walk out of the dentist’s office doors, it is up to you to keep your teeth and gums healthy until your next appointment. Most adults know they should brush and floss every day to keep their teeth white and strong, but what many may not know is the correct techniques involved. Good oral hygiene requires more than just a dollop of toothpaste on a brush and a quick scrub of the tooth enamel. To make sure you are thoroughly cleaning your teeth every day, be sure to review the proper dental care techniques below.
July 15, 2018
Dr. Paresh B. Patel has always aimed for excellence in the service he provides to his patients. Our Frisco dentist recently won awards that shine a spotlight on his top-quality work and his unwavering dedication to providing gentle, expert care to his patients.
June 10, 2018
When it’s time to evaluate your options in tooth replacement, you may feel overwhelmed with choices — like keeping your tooth missing, a dental bridge, dentures, an implant for single missing tooth, an implant retained denture (e.g., all on four, locator, conus) for multiple missing teeth. But upon closer examination, you’ll see that nothing offers quite as many benefits as dental implants in Frisco. Your dental health is pivotal in living your best life. Part of living your best life starts with the best dental option for you that lasts a lifetime. The dental implant option is not only the best long-time option, but it is the most comprehensive as it replaces your missing tooth’s root, which is called a dental implant, as well as its visible crown (also known as implant crown), for the ultimate in stability — and that makes dental implants worth their weight in gold. At Family Dentistry of Frisco, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, your best Frisco implant dentist will talk you through all of your options and explain things in a manner that will help you make informed choices.
Click Here: Reviews
Take a look at what other patients have said and post your own feedback about our office.
- Laser technology (replacing shots)
- Sedation (Gas-Nitrous Oxide, Oral, and IV)
- Root Canal
- Implants (including a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging)
- Orthodontics (Braces and Invisalign)
- Sleep Apnea
- Our beautiful, newly built office offers elegance, luxury, beauty, and comfort in every room.
- One American, a day, dies from oral cancer. We firmly believe in cancer screening. Our team performs comprehensive oral cancer screenings for all patients!
- Dr. Patel is a master and fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
- We devote unparalleled compassion, nurture, and comfortable care starting from the front concierge to our dental assistant to our doctor.
- Our doctor, Dr. Paresh B. Patel, is an internationally and nationally trained general dentist, and he has more than thirteen years of experience in family dentistry!
- Our practice has a 3D Digital X-Ray Imaging (i.e., CT scan) to allow our team to visualize the anatomy of your teeth and bones accurately.
- We believe the heart of education is education of the heart. We lead and organize health fairs and have personally traveled and help at many earthquake-hit areas.
- Family Dentistry of Frisco recommends The Tooth Book by Dr. Seuss as a gift to your child!
- Our doctor received the Dental Practitioner's Award for his outstanding patient care and compassion.
- Our primary focus is patient care. We use the latest laser technology to replace shots! This will drastically increase your recovery time and undoubtedly help with pain!
- We use Digital X-Rays that reduces radiation given to you.
- Our patients are our primary concern. We eliminate shots by using laser technology and offer many types of sedation (gas-nitrous oxide, oral, and IV) of your choosing.
- We are open at very convenient times from Monday through Friday 7AM-6PM and Saturday 9AM-2PM. Come book your appointment with us when it is convenient for you!
- Our doctor's life passion is dentistry…and oh yeah, he was born and raised in England. Come listen to him speak with his British accent!